Saturday, March 7, 2009

This week was normal... Feinberg lectured... and by that I mean he played clips then talked about how the clips were related to leadership. Although I enjoy the clips... I feel that my time could be spent more productively than to watch clips!!!! So frustrating!
Feinberg also asked us if we were living our lives the way that we wanted to be remembered... now this is an interesting question. No one wants to think about their own funeral, but he asked us to image what the people there would be saying about us. Would they say the same qualities that you think that you portray???? Would they remember the same stories that you remember??? Hmmm.... now this is interesting. This is about taking ownership of our actions and really BEING the person that we WANT to be. We all think that we are living our lives to the fullest and people just know what we are about... but do they really!!?!?

1 comment:

  1. In this Blog, you make a few different key points that really do make you stop an think. First, to critique your writing, try to always proofread your writing before submitting it. I caught just a few gramatical errors and misspelled words!

    Feinberg's lectures do use a lot of media, but he uses them because it helps drive home the point. Not all of the clips will resonate with everyone in the class, but if a couple make you realize his message then he has accomplished what he was wanting to do. When sitting in class I try to think of how the subject matter is happening in my life right now. I think about relationships that I have with people. I think about the ways that I can apply these ideas to my current situation. I think that is the way that you will get the best understanding out the lectures if you are frustrated with them!

    I like the ideas that you have in this post, but I think you could expanded on them and related them to how you are considering them in your own life. I think that Dr. Feinberg's "point" in this lecture was for the class to take a step back and look at how we are living our lives and if we need to make any changes to live it according to how we want people to view us after we are gone.

    In the post you mention, "taking ownership of our actions and really BEING the person that we WANT to be." These are things that a great leader would do very well. A great leader will take the blame for their mistakes, but they will be humble about their accomplishments. "BEING the person that you WANT to be", is simply someone that realizes everything you do impacts how others see you and that only you can decide what is best for you. I would have liked to have heard what you situation is in dealing with these two statements. What changes do you need to make, so those around you will remember you how you want to be remembered?

    ReplyDelete