Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week 4

This week was about choosing the leaders for our groups. The one's who volunteered to be leaders were given about 30 seconds in front of the class to plead to us to vote them as a leader of the class. This was interesting to watch. Some people didn't know what to say and were thrown off by the pressure to impress. The rest of us observing got to see first hand how important it is to sell yourself within the 30 seconds. I now see how important it is to be able to sell yourself and to know why you are a good leader. I can see that it's important to be prepared to lead others at any moment in your life, and know why you should be the leader at that moment. The one's who impressed found a way to show or to tell us that they would be sucessful in the leadership position in unique ways. One guy was a marine who simply stated that he was born to lead, trained to lead, and didn't know any other way (in so many words) and the class was very impressed. We could see that through his confidence and formal training he would be a great choice to lead our class. Really makes me think about how I would sell myself in 30 seconds, and if I would be able to communicate effectively the leaderships skills that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment